Lumber meets finished furniture
Chris Bingaman first met George by working for his father’s lumber business, Bingaman & Sons Lumber. For many years, George would purchase raw lumber used to make the high-quality solid hardwood furniture at George’s Woodcrafts. George worked with Max, Chris’ father, to identify the group of logs that were cut to George’s particular order. Black walnut was a favor of George and is still in high demand, especially as a recently developed technique, using both the natural heartwood and sapwood of black walnut wood called Walnut Blend was made available.
Walnut Blend on Table with clear water resistant finish repelling water.
The coveted Pennsylvania cherry and red oak are in high demand, harvested by Bingaman & Sons from the ever-expanding forests of Pennsylvania. Over the years, Chris enjoyed sharing his love for natural wood and the harvest of timber. He also appreciates the quality of craftsmanship exhibited by George’s craftsmen.
Gifts for employees
As a special gift to their retiring employees, the company purchases George’s famous non- tip rocking chair. Several times, George’s employees have toured the lumber saw mill and wood drying kilns. A great way to integrate of raw lumber and finished product.
Designed to space requirements
Chris upgraded his sales office by specially ordering a large executive desk. He worked with our designers to bring his ideas and unique space needs to reality. Delivering the desk presented another challenge. The hallways were narrow with tight corners. Up the stairs and around a hairpin curve. We designed the desk with the office layout in mind. Now Chris enjoys helping customers surrounded with natural cherry grain of his executive desk.
George’s designer came and measured the space I had to use and worked with me to create a design that served all the functions I hoped for. When the desk arrived, it exceeded my expectations! It is a beautiful piece that brings a “wow” response to everyone who visits my office and it is the most enjoyable work station I have ever experienced. I am an extremely satisfied customer!!! – Chris Bingaman
Stackable Chair design
When Chris and his wife redecorated their home, they came with a unique style of dining chair. They worked with our designers to develop a new style of chair that continued the strength and comfort of George’s chairs. Another challenge of long tables is where to store all the chairs between dinner parties. A design for sturdy, stackable chairs emerged and now stands in their closet awaiting the next large gathering. The stackable chairs are stacked in groups of 5 chairs taking the space of 32x21x42h. They are available in black walnut (pictured), cherry, red oak or maple hardwood. A number of different stain colors are available.
Can’t keep it quiet
The quality and natural grain of solid wood is hard to keep quiet. Customers like Chris are sharing their love for wood and superb craftsmanship with the guest at home and the customers they meet. Come see our two showrooms and woodworking shop to see what the talk is all about. You will be amazed and see firsthand why quality speaks for itself.
Stephen and Dora started their adventure looking for quality custom design furniture for their new office space. They searched various furniture stores and websites for a long time. One website that caught their attention directed them to a small wood shop in Marietta, PA that made custom design office furniture. A thorough combing through the furniture pictures on Georgesfurniturepa.com perked their interest to explore this business in greater depth.
The first item on the list was a conference table. A raised paneled executive desk and credenza joined the completed office furniture order.
“I now have a desk that commands the respect as an executive. Behind my desk is a large wall unit with beautiful shelving.” -Dora
Flexibility of design
A trip to George’s furniture introduced the quality craftsmanship, flexibility in design and durability that characterizes all the furniture handcrafted in George’s wood shop. They learned about how solid hardwood furniture is made while watching the craftsmen create furniture during a wood shop tour. Many details, ideas, and conversations later resulted in the first of many pieces of walnut furniture. Stephen recalls the amazing attention to details displayed from the initial design phase to the final finishing of the conference table.
Custom headboard design
The personal experience and quality of craftsmanship led Stephen and Dora to fill their house with more unique handcrafted furniture. Each room required specific spacing and a desire for functionality. The next room requiring furniture was the bedroom. A specially designed headboard is a massive wall unit that looks like it was custom built in the room. It includes two large nightstands with storage units on top, a mirror sandwiched between and a valance to complete the unit. Each nightstand section had a pullout shelf for additional counter space. A hope chest stands at the footboard adding more storage space. While the headboard wall unit is the center attraction of the bedroom, a large dresser, chest of drawers and a double armoire bring the bedroom suite to life. All the furniture displayed wooden handles and raised panel sides. A special heart was engraved into the hope chest.
Dora says, “The walnut wood is so gorgeous.”
As a retired police officer, Stephen wanted some hidden places for special items. Together with Anthony, our furniture designer, they designed hidden storage with unique accesses into various pieces of their furniture.
Ideas are endless
The ability to design furniture to meet personal desires is an asset that drives Stephen and Dora’s journey of creative living spaces. They look forward to designing a beach bedroom and dining room soon. The love for quality furniture spurs Stephen and Dora to share their newfound treasure with everyone they meet. Come join them in their discovery of quality furniture at George’s Furniture store and bring your dreams to a reality.
For centuries, craftsmanship has called to mind terms such as quality, durability, excellence, trust, and value. Similarly, art reflects skill that has been acquired by experience. Despite the ease in which furniture of all types can be bought in person or online, many people still seek furniture that reflects fine workmanship. Office furniture is no exception. Just like furnishing your home, furnishing your office requires good planning. Below are some things to consider that will help you to choose the right office furniture.
How to Choose the Right Office Furniture
- Measure your space. Sometimes, rooms look bigger than they really are when they are completely empty. It is important to measure the room so that you know exactly how much furniture you can place in the space.
- Measure your new furniture. Of course, you can’t know how much furniture will fit in the space you have unless you know the width and length of the furniture you are considering! George’s does have measurements on the website to help you in your selection process. Remember, George’s furniture can be customized so don’t be afraid to ask for a piece in a smaller or larger size! Consider the space needed for your chair when ordering your desk.
- Plan for growth. Do you plan to hire more people? Will you be relocating in the future? More people = more necessary space. Determine how much furniture can fit in your space without crowding. Also, consider, as your company grows, you may move to a new location. Will your furniture hold up in the move? Will it look attractive in any space or location? A timeless look for your office furniture can be a wise investment as it will compliment any office space.
- Looks matter. It’s easy to overlook how people feel when they walk into your office. Ask yourself: Does your office furniture produce positive vibes about your company? Does your office furniture inspire your employees and engage your clients? Is your office furniture comfortable to work at and pleasing to the eye? Does your furniture give you credibility?
- Budget appropriately. Office furniture often comes with a higher price tag. Paying a higher price for higher quality is a wise decision. With greater durability, your office furniture will withstand the rigors of everyday use while retaining its beauty. With office furniture from George’s Furniture, we are confident that you will only have to buy once…unless, you expand and need more! Our furniture will last for generations to come.
- Choose ergonomics, not style. Comfort is key for those who work in an office. There are studies that show the comfortable employees are productive employees! Give your employees (and yourself!) ample storage, work space, and solid furniture for comfort and excellence. Additionally, your clients will notice that you and your team are comfortable, and they will be too!
- Ask for delivery dates. Naturally, planning for your new office furniture means that you will have to ask when the furniture will be delivered. Working with George’s Furniture means that your order will be custom made and handcrafted. Allow for adequate time. George’s will inform you at the time your order is placed when you can expect your items.
- Choose durability. Choose solid wood. We can’t emphasize enough how important it is to consider the materials the furniture is made of BEFORE you purchase it. Because office furniture is typically used 8-9 hours per day, 5 days per week, you will want furniture that can tolerate hard use over time. You will not be disappointed with solid wood furniture built with our time-tested techniques! Our building techniques combined with our guaranteed finishes means that your furniture will endure through many lifetimes of daily use.
Expert Help is at Your Fingertips
Of course, choosing office furniture is best done with the help of an expert. George’s Furniture offers custom desks, file cabinets, bookshelves, and even lamps! Contact George’s Furniture for assistance in choosing solid wood furniture to beautifully outfit your offices, keep your staff comfortable, and wow your clients!