For many adventurous travelers, RVing is a way of life and has proven to be a relaxing and rewarding experience! Whether you’re taking a weekend trip to the beach or an extended drive cross-country, the places you can see and enjoy in an RV are endless.
So while RVing is a great way to get out on the open road, we’ve heard from many RV owners that they face some challenges while exploring the world. What’s one of the biggest challenges? Believe it or not, it’s STORAGE! Where do you store all the essentials? Especially those big bulky items that don’t fold or bend. From frying pans to kettles, the lack of storage for these awkward items can be frustrating. This is where our new custom RV Butler comes in and is ready to ease your storage woes.
A customized butler handmade by our skilled craftsmen at George’s Furniture is designed to meet your specific needs. We’ll work with you to make sure you get the perfect fit. All we need from you are measurements of your largest items you would like hidden away and George’s designers will take it from there, creating a unique one-of-a-kind butler for your RV.
Not only does the butler help with storage, the top also increases your workspace while conveniently storing those large items and essentials keeping them close at hand when you need them. A handy door on both sides of the butler allows for access from either side. And of course, the RV Butler wouldn’t be complete without the adjustable shelf inside that allows for ever-changing storage requirements.
This butler is designed to fit into your unique space and can be accessorized. For example, combine your new piece with a table, and store in your dining area. To save on space, you simply place the table on top of the butler and secure them to the floor.
So as you plan your next great RV adventure, let us take care of those storage woes. Visit our showroom or contact us today and we will design an RV Butler just for you! Want to see our new RV Butler in person? We’ll be debuting this beautiful piece at the PRVCA, America’s Largest RV Show, September 12-16, 2018 in Hershey, PA at the Giant Center.
We pride ourselves on our efficient and quality crafting process, bringing an artisan touch to every single piece that goes through our shop. We provide an unwavering commitment to delivering superior quality to all of our customers. Let’s walk through our crafting process to see how our talented craftsmen achieve those elegant styles for each piece.
Drying the Lumber
We slow dry the rough-sawn lumber in our kiln (which is heated using wood trimmings from projects) to reduce stress cracks that may occur in the grain if it dries too quickly. Over time, the moisture in the wood can lead to loose joints, splits and even warping. Some lumber will even dry for several years before it is ready to be crafted into furniture. Our lumber is then stored in a climate-controlled building until it is needed to retain the integrity of the lumber.
Each and every piece has a craftsman that is chosen to handcraft that piece from start to finish. Our craftsman will review the plans, select the boards and processes the boards through our joiners, planers and table saws until the pieces are ready to be glued. The craftsman will then carefully cut, turn and sand each piece to the exact customer specifications. Each table leg and bed finial is then individually hand turned on a lathe. Precise hand sanding throughout the assembly process ensures proper fit and finish.
After the piece of furniture is assembled, it is taken to the staining station where the craftsmen will hand rub the color-specified stain into the wood. After the stain has thoroughly dried, the piece will be taken into the dust-filtering spray booth where two coats of a premium-quality clear, water-resistant finish are applied to the entire piece to protect it from moisture. The first coat of finish is dried and sanded and after the second coat, the piece is closely inspected for smoothness and coverage.
Each piece is very carefully inspected to make sure it exceeds George’s Furniture quality standards. The furniture is then dated and signed by the craftsmen to show pride in the artisanship of the piece.
Wedding season of 2018 has begun! If you’re looking for a locally handcrafted gift for the new couple, George’s Furniture has several options in various price ranges. From buffets and servers, to keepsake boxes and hand turned wooden bowls, we invite you to take a look around our showroom at the many choices we provide for gift giving.
Not only can you customize any piece of our furniture to your exact specifications, you can also take a tour of our woodshop to see our skilled craftsmen in action. We believe in connecting our customers to witnessing the crafting of our unique hardwood pieces.
Buffets and Servers
When it comes to gatherings and entertaining, every new couple appreciates a handcrafted buffet or server. The precision of designing each piece of George’s Furniture shines through our time tested joinery methods. These gifts will serve many happy guests in the couple’s home for years to come.
Our keepsake boxes can be utilized in several creative ways. They are large enough to keep your favorite recipe cards or wedding keepsakes safe, and small enough to tuck away. These boxes are the perfect gift for a new couple to keep their special items within.
Hand Turned Wooden Bowls
The initial rough turning of our bowls is done while the wood is still wet, and is then placed in a stable environment where they dry for one year. The finished product is completed in a variety of shapes and sizes. These bowls are the perfect gift for a special occasion, and since they are hand rubbed with a food-safe finish, the new couple can serve a heaping bowl salad to their family and guests!
Did you know that you can put George’s Furniture on your gift registry list and collect contributions towards a selected piece of furniture? Imagine your first specially design piece of furniture for your new home. Your guests can call or mail their gift amount which will then be placed on the bride’s account. Later, the bride will have her own unique piece of furniture made her way! We also offer cutting boards treated with mineral oil, bedside tables, walnut and maple pen holders, vanity benches, strong foot stools, drop leaf tables, multi grain coaster, lazy susans, and so much more!
Give the gift of George’s Furniture this wedding season! Stop into our showroom to see these products in person.
Are you looking for a perfect Mother’s Day gift? Give mom the gift of George’s Furniture this Mother’s Day.
There are several ways in which you can make this Mother’s Day very special with us:
- Schedule a tour of our woodshop so mom can see our skilled craftsmen in action.
- Visit our showroom to see a variety of options that your mother can choose from.
- Your mom will have the option of various natural woods and high-quality, water-resistant finishes to choose from. All of our furniture is customizable, from our gorgeous extension table to our rocking chair with matching slanted footstool.
Visit George’s Furniture for the perfect Mother’s Day gift this year! Call 1-800-799-1685 to schedule a tour today!
Caring for your piece of George’s Furniture is not like caring for just any piece of furniture. The finish used on each of our pieces is a durable, high-quality finish—and it is the best we have found for the following reasons:
- The finish is both heat and water-resistant
- You do not need to use coasters for hot and cold drinks.
- Warm dishes will not make white rings on the table (however, when taking items directly from the oven, stovetop, or microwave, a hot pad is suggested)
- A good rule is: if it is not too hot for your fingers, it will not harm the table.
For weekly care, we suggest:
- Furniture can be washed with a damp cloth.
- Duster spray may be used (however, sprays that contain wax may cause an undesirable build-up over a period of time)
For occasional care, such as polishing or to remove fingerprints, use a good grade furniture polish. Our favorite is Old English Lemon Oil, but Guardsman is also a good choice!
It is important to note the following about your piece:
- The finish will have a chemical reaction if it comes in contact with rubber cement, airplane glue, or similar products.
- Permanent magic markers and cigarette burns cause permanent damage to the finish.
- The finish will scratch and the wood will dent, so be careful not to slide heavy objects across the table, counters, dressers, etc. A staple or even a hard crumb could cause a surface scratch or indentation.
- This is solid wood furniture, and it can be refinished.
If the damage is a deep scratch or dent and the finish is broken, the damage can be minimized.
- First, soak the dent with a water saturated washcloth for several hours.
- Then, while protecting it with a damp washcloth, apply a steam iron to the dent and process will help swell the dent out to the original level.
- Please call us for advice on this process.
Having been in business more than 47 years, we have already had families who bought a table when their children were small. Then, when their family was older, they brought the table back to us and for just $250 to $300, we refinished the tabletop to look as good as new.
If you have any questions, please call us!
We often get asked what makes our furniture last so long. Many of our customers own George’s Furniture heirlooms that have been passed down to them—or they themselves plan on passing their pieces down to their children and other family members.
There are several reasons as to why our high-quality, hand crafted furniture is built to last right here in Lancaster County.
- Built from strong solid hardwood — Wood is a resource that keeps on giving. Pennsylvania forests are managed and cared for to strengthen and increase sustainability and the quality of our products.
- Constructed with the ability to adjust to moisture changes — between seasons and different climates. When the furniture is sitting in your home, the wood continues to move as the seasons change or the pieces move with you to different climates—but you’d never know it. Our furniture is assembled to allow for this movement without affecting its construction.
- Crafted by one craftsman with precision and seasoned skill — We do not have assembly lines. The craftsman who makes your furniture onsite will sign and date every masterpiece. Each craftsman takes pride in the personal work that goes into each piece they build—from start to finish. This goes a long way in controlling the overall quality and beauty in your own piece of furniture.
- Quality control at multiple points throughout the building process — The initial build of your furniture is by one the craftsman. While being hand stained, each surface of the furniture is checked closely. Final assembly includes hardware and possible lighting. We personally deliver our furniture; this allows us to check it while blanket wrapping it for delivery with one final check at your home while you’re present.
- Time tested joinery methods — Our gift to you through our joinery methods is a promise for long-lasting construction. Craftsmen are trained to know the “feel” of a solid joint during assembly.
- Durability and life of furniture is taken into account at the design stage before building starts — Each piece is reviewed together by both a designer and a craftsman—and continues throughout the building stage. Our designers enjoy working with you to create your own unique piece for your home.
- Maintained temperature and humidity in the wood shop and finishing room — Temperature and humidity levels are taken into consideration throughout the year to keep the wood in a constant stable condition from the building stage, and through to the finishing stage. The wood or furniture never leaves the building between building and finishing. We use humidity control in the building throughout the year.
- High grade sanding materials — we use the highest grade of sanding materials to give the perfect surface for receiving a consistent stain. Sanding materials are never overused and our craftsmen have the experience to know when enough sanding is enough.
As you can see, a lot of time and care goes into each piece of furniture made here at George’s Furniture. Contact us today or stop by our beautiful showroom!