For centuries, craftsmanship has called to mind terms such as quality, durability, excellence, trust, and value. Similarly, art reflects skill that has been acquired by experience. Despite the ease in which furniture of all types can be bought in person or online, many people still seek furniture that reflects fine workmanship. Office furniture is no exception. Just like furnishing your home, furnishing your office requires good planning. Below are some things to consider that will help you to choose the right office furniture.
How to Choose the Right Office Furniture
- Measure your space. Sometimes, rooms look bigger than they really are when they are completely empty. It is important to measure the room so that you know exactly how much furniture you can place in the space.
- Measure your new furniture. Of course, you can’t know how much furniture will fit in the space you have unless you know the width and length of the furniture you are considering! George’s does have measurements on the website to help you in your selection process. Remember, George’s furniture can be customized so don’t be afraid to ask for a piece in a smaller or larger size! Consider the space needed for your chair when ordering your desk.
- Plan for growth. Do you plan to hire more people? Will you be relocating in the future? More people = more necessary space. Determine how much furniture can fit in your space without crowding. Also, consider, as your company grows, you may move to a new location. Will your furniture hold up in the move? Will it look attractive in any space or location? A timeless look for your office furniture can be a wise investment as it will compliment any office space.
- Looks matter. It’s easy to overlook how people feel when they walk into your office. Ask yourself: Does your office furniture produce positive vibes about your company? Does your office furniture inspire your employees and engage your clients? Is your office furniture comfortable to work at and pleasing to the eye? Does your furniture give you credibility?
- Budget appropriately. Office furniture often comes with a higher price tag. Paying a higher price for higher quality is a wise decision. With greater durability, your office furniture will withstand the rigors of everyday use while retaining its beauty. With office furniture from George’s Furniture, we are confident that you will only have to buy once…unless, you expand and need more! Our furniture will last for generations to come.
- Choose ergonomics, not style. Comfort is key for those who work in an office. There are studies that show the comfortable employees are productive employees! Give your employees (and yourself!) ample storage, work space, and solid furniture for comfort and excellence. Additionally, your clients will notice that you and your team are comfortable, and they will be too!
- Ask for delivery dates. Naturally, planning for your new office furniture means that you will have to ask when the furniture will be delivered. Working with George’s Furniture means that your order will be custom made and handcrafted. Allow for adequate time. George’s will inform you at the time your order is placed when you can expect your items.
- Choose durability. Choose solid wood. We can’t emphasize enough how important it is to consider the materials the furniture is made of BEFORE you purchase it. Because office furniture is typically used 8-9 hours per day, 5 days per week, you will want furniture that can tolerate hard use over time. You will not be disappointed with solid wood furniture built with our time-tested techniques! Our building techniques combined with our guaranteed finishes means that your furniture will endure through many lifetimes of daily use.
Expert Help is at Your Fingertips
Of course, choosing office furniture is best done with the help of an expert. George’s Furniture offers custom desks, file cabinets, bookshelves, and even lamps! Contact George’s Furniture for assistance in choosing solid wood furniture to beautifully outfit your offices, keep your staff comfortable, and wow your clients!