Wedding season of 2018 has begun! If you’re looking for a locally handcrafted gift for the new couple, George’s Furniture has several options in various price ranges. From buffets and servers, to keepsake boxes and hand turned wooden bowls, we invite you to take a look around our showroom at the many choices we provide for gift giving.
Not only can you customize any piece of our furniture to your exact specifications, you can also take a tour of our woodshop to see our skilled craftsmen in action. We believe in connecting our customers to witnessing the crafting of our unique hardwood pieces.
Buffets and Servers
When it comes to gatherings and entertaining, every new couple appreciates a handcrafted buffet or server. The precision of designing each piece of George’s Furniture shines through our time tested joinery methods. These gifts will serve many happy guests in the couple’s home for years to come.
Our keepsake boxes can be utilized in several creative ways. They are large enough to keep your favorite recipe cards or wedding keepsakes safe, and small enough to tuck away. These boxes are the perfect gift for a new couple to keep their special items within.
Hand Turned Wooden Bowls
The initial rough turning of our bowls is done while the wood is still wet, and is then placed in a stable environment where they dry for one year. The finished product is completed in a variety of shapes and sizes. These bowls are the perfect gift for a special occasion, and since they are hand rubbed with a food-safe finish, the new couple can serve a heaping bowl salad to their family and guests!
Did you know that you can put George’s Furniture on your gift registry list and collect contributions towards a selected piece of furniture? Imagine your first specially design piece of furniture for your new home. Your guests can call or mail their gift amount which will then be placed on the bride’s account. Later, the bride will have her own unique piece of furniture made her way! We also offer cutting boards treated with mineral oil, bedside tables, walnut and maple pen holders, vanity benches, strong foot stools, drop leaf tables, multi grain coaster, lazy susans, and so much more!
Give the gift of George’s Furniture this wedding season! Stop into our showroom to see these products in person.
George’s Furniture specializes in customizable hardwood furniture—but did you know we also make accessories that will light up any room in your home? From cutting boards, to hand turned wooden bowls, to keepsake boxes, our craftsmen’s careful precision and skills are unmatched.
Our gorgeous wooden bowls are hand turned using the following steps:
- Initial rough turning: this first step takes place while the wood is still wet (before starting the drying process). The rough turning is complete when the bowl’s thickness is about 1” all around.
- One year of drying: the wood then dries for an entire year. For the last four months of drying, the wood is brought into a stable environment (like your home) for the final drying time.
- Remounted to lathe: The rough turned bowl can then be remounted to the turning lathe. You will notice the slightly oval shape due to the drying process. By letting the bowl fully dry, you will have a bowl that keeps its perfectly round shape for life!
- Thickness achieved: Hand turning continues and, depending on the skill of the craftsmen, the bowl will be turned into a very narrow thickness all around—giving it a beautiful shape and feel. The turning isn’t quite finished until the craftsman takes varying grades of sanding paper to provide the smooth touch to the bowl.
- Final product: The final product is then rubbed with a food-safe finish made for items such as butcher blocks and salad bowls.
Visit our Lancaster County showroom today to see a variety of solid wood accessories, created and customized by our skilled craftsmen!